Monday, November 9, 2009

Weather in Bloomington, IN

Being from Chicago, the weather in Bloomington shocks me sometimes.

Today the high is 70 degrees. It is November 9th.

I love warm weather, and I have no complaints about this temperature. I just find it funny that the weather in Bloomington is so unlike the weather in Chicago, where there are hardly ever such large temperature swings. In Chicago, I feel the high temperature just gradually trends downward as you approach wintertime. Here in Bloomington, these temperature swings are not only common, but expected. Two years ago on January 7th (bid night for my sorority where I met my little sis), the temperature was also approximately 70 degrees - and we all were able to stand outside at night wearing only sweatshirts as wraps. Don't get me wrong, it does snow in the winter in Bloomington, but the snow doesn't tend to stay on the ground until March like it does in Chicago. Because of this, my roommates and I regularly check the hour-by-hour forecast on weather.com to see what we are in store for each day.

Here's a picture of me and some of my sorority sisters outside of our house on January 7th, 2008:

No comments:

Post a Comment