Monday, January 4, 2010

My Very Last Day of Winter Break...Ever

It is difficult to believe that today is my last day of winter break. That is, until I (hopefully) get my MBA I suppose. But, suffice it to say, I am a tad melancholy. As I sit here at my desk at home eating a bowl full of Peppermint ice cream (my favorite holiday treat), I can't help but reflect on how fast my career at IU is going.

I have participated in a lot of exciting activities during this break to note. I flew to Tucson, Arizona to visit some of my family before Christmas. Then after Christmas I attended several parties to celebrate a family friends' birthday. He is a corporate CEO, and he rented the Grand Ballroom at Navy Pier to celebrate turning 50! I had a blast, not only because it was sports themed, but because the party also had a few celebrities! Neal McCoy performed with his band, and I also got to meet Bo Derek, Rob Schneider, and John Corbett. There were some Olympic medalists there as well. The party made me hope that some day I can be a successful CEO (or businesswoman in general) who can afford to fund such a fun 50th birthday celebration.

Tomorrow I am returning early to IU to finish sorority recruitment. Tomorrow afternoon I move into my new room (I will be living with three other girls this semester instead of five others). The following days consist of 14 Party, 6 Party, 3 Party, and finally...bid night. Bid night is when we get our new pledge class! It's always fun to see the bus full of new Thetas arrive at our house. Hopefully the temperatures will get warmer by then, so we can take pictures outside!


Here's some pictures of the celebrities I met this past week:





No comments:

Post a Comment