Monday, January 11, 2010

It's Bid Day!

Not only is today the first day of my final semester at IU, but it's also bid day for sorority recruitment!

I don't have my first class until 2:30 today, but I woke up at 9am regardless. I ran a couple errands, printed out two of my syllabi, bought a course packet at the Union bookstore, and now I am sitting in the Kelley computer lab waiting for my class to start. I have two classes from 2:30 - 5:15...and then I plan to race back to Theta to hear the reading of who is going to be in our new pledge class!

This past week has been pretty chaotic. Not only did my computer get a blue screen and need to have its Windows operating system re-installed by IU's UITS program (thank goodness I had most of my files backed up on an external hard drive), but it was also recruitment week. I got back to IU on Tuesday, got ready for recruitment on Wednesday, and then was a senior leader at 14 party and 8 party. Yesterday my house had 3 party, and then our recruitment committee submitted our "bid list" last night to the Panhellenic Association to say who we wanted to give bids to in order to invite them to join our sorority. We plan to have a new pledge class of 39 new Theta women. I'm pretty excited to find out who they will be! There will be bid week activities this week too, which I hope the new Thetas will enjoy. Overall, this week will be pretty exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment