Thursday, October 8, 2009

Many Jumbled Thoughts Placed Into A Blog Entry

This week went by so fast! I have a very busy week next week, and it is approaching too quickly.

I share a room in Theta with five other girls, and one of them is also a business major going through the interview process. Because she is interested in financial positions, she has been interviewing all week long (I think her interview count this week alone was up to 9). We've been talking about her experiences, and she has been providing me with some great feedback. I'm really happy to be going through this process with her - and I am starting to feel more ready for my first interview of the season on Tuesday!

I feel that I also need to mention that I watched The Office tonight where Pam and Jim got married. It was a very happy moment in a very drawn-out romance. I love watching that show, because I never fail to laugh at something awkward one of the characters does or says each episode.


Getting back to important topics, I feel that I should share what classes I am taking this semester in case anyone is curious or has a question about them:


M-303 Marketing Research
M-344 Creativity & Communication
M-342/M-342 Statistics (Marketing)
M-330 Consultative Selling
D-301 The International Business Environment
HPER E-190: Yoga


I'm sure the first question you will ask me is whether or not I am enjoying yoga this semester. Suffice it to say that I am indeed learning a lot in yoga about relaxation and flexibility, and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to feel more balanced in his or her life. Seriously. In fact, I just had to write a paper for yoga that answered the following questions: who am i?; what are my unique qualities?; what do I know about myself?; what is my purpose for living?; what does yoga mean to me personally? Let's just say yoga gives me a break from my Kelley classes.


Reader, now that I've answered your questions about yoga, feel free to ask me any other questions about any of my Kelley classes.


Also to note, I volunteered to attend a senior panel in Professor Heidewald's X-205 class today after she sent out an email asking former students who had received an A in her class to talk about their experiences to her current students. Currently in that class, the Kelley sophomores are just getting into their Target case competition ideas, and I hope I was able to help out the group I was later assigned to meet with after the panel. They seemed like intelligent gentlemen who are passionate about their idea, and I hope the advice I gave them was well-received.


Since this blog entry is so random anyway, I am going to end with a random thought. Today, the saying that 'you should never shop when you're hungry' was reinforced when I ate lunch. Don't make the mistake I did and give the library food court $10.70 of your hard-earned money when you are a petite young woman whose stomach is smaller in volume than the amount of food you buy bunched together. The food probably won't all fit in your belly, so don't waste a single extra penny on Chick-Fil-A waffle fries.

(A visual aid of the Chick-Fil-A waffle fries you should avoid if also purchasing three other meal items at lunch.)

No comments:

Post a Comment