Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Transitive Property

If Midterm Week = Interview Start Week, and Interview Start Week = Homecoming Week, Does Midterm Week = Homecoming Week? And do all three equal every other school's fall break week? If you are familiar with geometry, you may conclude the answer.

I'll admit it, this week I am feeling slightly stressed. I completely forgot it was homecoming week, since I won't be doing anything homecoming-related until I go to the football game. However, my friend and Honors I-Core teammate Heather Schaefer was nominated for Homecoming Queen! I'm very excited for her.

This entry is going to be brief, since I am currently studying for a final exam I have tomorrow morning for my 8-week class. Then next week I start the second 8-week class. The two courses are taught by the same professor and meet at the same time (for me, Monday/Wednesday 11:15), but the two courses cover two separate marketing software tools. Each course is 1.5 credits.

I had my first exam in my sales class on Monday, and we already got the grade back today in class (very fast turn-around time for a non-Scantron college exam). I studied a lot for that test, and I feel it paid off. However, what threw me for a loop was that when I got to the class for the exam, our professor said he was only going to give us 30 minutes to take it instead of the 45 he told us prior to the test. I just barely finished in time, but he was mostly right in his justification that people do better on his exams when they do not agonize over their answers. Well, I did not agonize (like I usually do on tests), and I did very well.

Also to note, my boyfriend accepted a job offer this week. He will be working for Perella Weinberg Partners in New York City starting next summer. He is very excited, and I am proud of him for landing a company he wanted. I'd like to think I played a role in his success, because I helped pick out the shoes and socks he wore to his second-round interviews. (Humor me.)

The last thing I want to say is that last night, when I went to a company's information session, someone stopped me and told me they recognized me from my blog! I can't tell you how excited I was to hear that. I now know that I have at least one fan outside of my friends and family. What wonderful positive reinforcement.

2 comments:

  1. I learned in class today that it's not uncommon for blogs to be well read, but not commented upon. I suspect you really have to push peoples' hot-buttons (one way or another)to get them to stop and comment. Or else, they're people with plenty of flex-time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whose informational session did you go to?

    ReplyDelete