Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Interviewing & Homecoming Football

My interview season is in full swing this week. I am balancing four interviews, four pre-night presentations, and one call-back interview tomorrow morning! Also I just got offered a second round interview in Chicago with the first company I interviewed with last week. All very exciting, but I'm still waiting to hear back from the company I interviewed with on Friday. What a thrilling and jittery time in my life!

To top it off, I've had a lot going on in school this past week, and I've been trying to balance it as best as I can. I went to office hours today for M303 (Marketing Research) because I had to miss class due to an interview today. At the end of the office hours, my professor asked me about my job search process. I told her all about it and handed her an extra resume I had with me from my interview...just in case she wanted to learn more about me. She just sent me an email tonight saying she enjoyed reading my London blog.

Lately I've had a lot more of my friends approach me saying that they noticed that there's a link to my blog on the Kelley Undergraduate website. I get excited and joke around that I am very important. Just this morning I ran into someone I have not seen in a while and he said he saw me on the Kelley website the other day.

The last thing I want to say is that I went to the football game this weekend. I also went tailgating, and I am definitely one of the few tailgaters that also prioritize going to the games. First of all, I want to congratulate both of my friends Heather Schaefer and Cale O'Brien for winning homecoming king and queen. I know both of them fairly well, and it is a really exciting honor for them! Next I'd like to say that although it was cold at the game, I am SOOOOOO happy the Hoosiers beat the Fighting Illini. Since I am the sole offspring of two University of Illinois alumni, it is always nice to be reassured about my correct college decision. (AND my Mom and Dad both read this blog and I'm sure will agree that IU was the correct choice......absolutely sure.)

Me, two of my sorority sisters, and my boyfriend at the Sig Ep tailgate on Saturday before the Homecoming game.

P.S. I missed formal dinner tonight at my sorority and now I'm just cracking open a Burger King double cheeseburger I bought an hour and a half ago thinking I'd eat it right away. Be jealous.

1 comment: