Monday, September 14, 2009

Whitney King Golf Outing

Today I volunteered for 5.5 hours at the Whitney King Golf Outing at Eagle Pointe Golf Resort by Lake Monroe. The golf outing was in honor of my Theta pledge sister Whitney, who was severely injured in a car accident near the resort in early August. From what I hear, the golf outing was really successful in raising money for her recovery fund!

One of the great perks about being Greek at IU (other than the terrific networking opportunities), is that you always have an entire house to support you, along with an entire Greek system. I feel my chapter has really come together to support Whitney's long-term recovery. Every woman in my chapter volunteered for the golf outing in some way. Also, members from other greek chapters at IU as well as other Theta chapters at different universities have contacted our chapter with condolences for Whitney or attended her golf outing today. Last weekend I drove up to Indianapolis with another of my pledge sisters and my boyfriend to visit Whitney in her rehab hospital, and she already had seven other visitors there with her! Currently, there are also about 95,000 hits on the recovery blog that her family updates daily about her progress. It's amazing to see the number of people that can come together to support the recovery of one beloved Theta from IU.

No comments:

Post a Comment